Thursday, May 17, 2012

The Honest Company VS Target, and Pampers


The Honest Company VS Target, and Pampers
(Make sure you take a look at my The Honest Company prices list this is hard to find on their site.)
This is my 100% honest review on The Honest company, VS Target and Pampers diapers and wipes. In this review I will take about price, product, company, and what my kids said about the products. So lets get this potty party started ;).
Why I chose Target and Pampers to go head to head with The Honest Company.
Well firstly Earth diapers are to hard for me to find and cost why to much money. I have tried every brand of diaper there is and Target and Pampers are the best. They are lower on chemicals and they make diapers and wipes for sensative skin. I have tried diapers brands that give my kids a rash just from wearing the diaper, or using the wipes. My favorites have always been Target and Pampers the other diapers a tried were given to me by other people, who told me they were better. The truth is they are not they do more harm then good and the leek and teir, and lets face it clorene is made for swimming pools not babies bottoms.    
·         Price means everything.
Lets be honest when you start having more than one baby price of product means everything. That is why it always comes first on my list. I want my kids to live organic so if we can’t buy it we make it or grow it, but I can’t make diapers and I really don’t want to too. So we have to be fair about pricing on this one because The Honest company only delivers to your home so I am adding shipping on to all of the prices. There are the prices.
·         The Honest company  
This is the weight and diaper chart from the The Honest Company site.


Price does not change for diaper size with The Honest Company; my kids wear a size5 so all the prices go off of size 5 diapers. So for 162 diapers, and 4 packs of 80 wipe which is 320wipes, you will pay 79.95. You can rest assured that every month your diapers will get there on time, and if you need them sooner you can call and ask them to send them sooner. Unless your kid gets sick you most likely will not have to call and ask for them sooner.

·     Pampers
If you want to order Pampers you can’t buy them online at the Pampers website. You will have to get them somewhere else like Target.com. You will have to log in every month and go through the steps to order every time you want more diapers. That will run you about 44.97 for Pamper size 5 140 count, and the sensitive wipes 384 count that’s 4 refills for 16.99; which comes out to 61.96 plus tax 5.42 add the 17.09 for shipping and your total is 74.72. On a good day you might get a discount of about 10 to 17 dollars. 
·         Target
You can now buy Target diapers on the Target website; it wasn’t always like that.  So I am happy to say you can now buy Up & Up diapers and wipes online. I am sad to say that you can’t buy the 3pack refills of target wipes online, and you will have to go on the site every time you want to order diapers and wipes. The wipes you can buy are the car size, 1 pack, and 9 packs of refills and up.  The price for a 9 pack of refills which is 720 wipes is 13.96, because let’s face it you will need more than a car size or a 1 pack. A Target diaper pack of 138 is 25.99 that’s 39.95 the shipping charges are 20.71 plus tax of 5.42 for a grand total of 66.08. Tax differs from state to state.
·         Cost totals.
The honest   79.95
 Pampers     74.72
Target            66.08

Product
Pampers diapers were recalled on May 7, 2010 forgiving babies rash and chemical burns. So now I guess that whatever they use to make the diapers got mixed up or they added too much and well babies were hurt. I can’t found a list of what they put in there diapers, but learning this has pretty much changed my mind about Pampers. There is no reason to risk this happening to your baby. Here is a list of what they use in most diapers; the last three are in pampers diaper. Polyethylene Film, Tissue, Hot Melts, Hydrophobic Non-woven, Elastics, Lateral Tapes, Frontal Tape, Cellulose, petrolatum, stearyl alcohol, and aloe barbadensis leaf extract. I do know that pampers uses other things in there diapers, but not being able to find the correct list just bothers me.
Target diapers are also hard to find a listing on, but I do know this. They have fewer chemicals then must of the diapers out there today. They are chlorine free and latex which is more than must diapers can say.
The honest company I was not surprised by how easy it was to find a list of what is in; this companies diapers. They really have nothing to hide. I just copied and pasted it on here right from the website. Chlorine-free fluff (paper from CERTIFIED sustainably managed forests – no optical brighteners), BIO-core (wheat/corn starch blended with SAP), plant-based PLA (in outer layer, inner layer, & moisture barrier layer), Non-Toxic adhesives (in seams & joints), polymer spandex and polyurethane (in fastening system & leg/waist elastic) & ink (no heavy metals).  They also have a list of what is in the wipes right under the list for the diapers; to some that up its all chemical free.
Companies summery
I think it’s only fare to say that Target and Pampers don’t care as much about what people say about their products. I could write blogs all day about their diapers good and bad and I wouldn’t hear a word out of them. The Honest Company answers every blog written about them, and tries to fix any problem someone might have about the product. Even if it is only one person who said it they fixed. Before I got the try me pack of diapers and wipes I read every blog about The Honest Company (there weren’t that manyJ.) The Honest Company answered everyone and even offered to fix any problems. After I got my try me back I saw were they really fixed things. I remember one lady wrote about how she likes the diapers but the tabs keep coming off, well my tabs were on nice and tight. I also remember someone writing about how they didn’t get the patterns they ask for; I got every pattern I asked for, and none of the patterns I didn’t want. The shipping is fast.
What my kids had to say.
I have a 2 year old and a four year old. My two year old hates being wet and likes to be cute. She likes the diapers because she can tell when she is wet and they are cute. I like them for her because she is potty training and it helps her know when she has to go. The diapers are so absorbent that I can’t tell when she is wet; that’s right no saggy diaper and it feel dry not heavy when you take it off. As you know may already know if is important for a diaper to stay thin when you are two, because your hips are forming to how they will be the rest of your life. No one wants their child to walk like they have been riding horses all day when their 30; so big cheers for staying thin and not leaking. My oldest is 4 and out of diapers she mostly doesn’t even wear them to sleep in. One day after a long hot day of drinking water, milk, and juice to stay cool I decided instead of nighttime training pants to use and Honest Co. diaper. She picked the ice cream diapers and loved them so much (who wouldn’t they are so cute.) When I put the diaper on her the first thing she said was, “O they are so soft.” She was right these diapers are so soft, and she slept in and I was right she needed to wear something that night. Needles to say the diaper didn’t leak, not only did it not leak but it didn’t all big and saggy or fall of. She woke up and said, “Mommy I had an accident, but it’s ok the bed is dry. Can I have another ice cream diaper” I ended up canceling my subscription but still received my one month’s supply of diapers and wipes. When the big eco friendly box came my kids were so happy I couldn’t get to the box to open it. 
Why I canceled.    
I canceled because I am moving, and I had to buy wipes so it’s a waste of money to get wipes I don’t need. When I canceled I asked them when they were going to make it so you can buy one pack of wipes or diapers and not have to get a bundle. I am very happy to say that next week The Honest Company will be launching their new website; where people can buy just one pack of wipes, or just one pack of diaper, or hand soup and nothing else. This makes me excited because my youngest loves their wipes and both of my kids love their diapers. In fact my youngest didn’t like the other brands wipes, but when I use The Honest Companies wipes she lets me change her in peace. Thank you The Honest company for listening to your customers.
What I would like The Honest Company to do.    
I would really, really like it if The Honest Company could start making nighttime training pants for toddlers. My oldest asked me if they make pull ups, because she “Really, Really, really wishes they do.” I told her no not yet but someday they will I hope ;).

No comments:

Post a Comment